Zucchini Tots are a great way to get your family to eat their veggies! These kid-friendly zucchini tots, made with shredded zucchini and cheese make a great healthy side dish or snack. These easy homemade zucchini tots are a fun and delicious way to eat zucchini.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Entire recipe makes 6 servings
- 2 large zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 small onion, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place shredded zucchini in a cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Add zucchini and remaining ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Spoon zucchini into muffin pan (I was able to fill about 18 cups) and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 5 minutes. Using a small spoon, run it around the edges of the zucchini tot to help break the tot away from the pan, and then gently scoop it out.
Serving size is 3 tots | Each serving = 2 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 75 calories; 2.5g fat; 1g sat fat; 8g carbohydrates; 4.5g protein; 1.5g fiber; 1 g sugar