This German style olive oil based potato salad is a classic for me. … up a bit, try adding asparagus instead of the green beans, or toss in some fresh sweet peas.
- 3 cups chopped (bite-sized pieces) red potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, raw preferred
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- Place potatoes in a pot of salted, cold water and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender, and drain.
- Add vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a small saucepan over low heat, whisking continuously for about 3 to 5 minutes until dressing is just warm.
- Toss the dressing in the potatoes and toss in the onions, cilantro, and parsley to combine before serving. Enjoy!
- Yields: 6 servings
- Calories: 105
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 2g
SmartPoints value : 4