Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips – 2 Smartpoints
Thinking of a salty crunchy snack? Zucchini Chips have the crunch you are looking for with the tang of vinegar and the saltiness you crave. The flavors of salt and vinegar potato chips in a healthier version. Oven-baked salt and vinegar zucchini chips.
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Use a mandolin or slice zucchini as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours.
- To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate halfway during cooking time.
- Store chips in an airtight container.
- Serves: 8
- Smartpoints: 2
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 571mg
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: .7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg