Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal loaded with vegetables, lean beef, diced tomatoes, and potatoes. … We serve this easy Hamburger Soup with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread for the perfect meal! This hamburger soup recipe is inexpensive And deeply satisfying.
Yield: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1 cup per serving
- (8 oz) extra-lean ground beef
- (8 oz) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 carrots, coarse shredded
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 (14-1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp dried sage, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- Fresh Sage, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine beef, turkey, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; cook until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- 2. Drain off fat. Stir beef broth, undrained tomatoes, dried sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper into beef mixture in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; stir in potatoes. Reduce heat.
- 3. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If desired, garnish
with fresh sage.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ = 2 | Smartpoints = 2
Calories: 103, Total Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 19mg, Carbohydrates 10g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 418mg, Protein 10g
*SmartPoints are calculated with Weight Watchers Calculator