Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro and lime make this simple shrimp dish outstanding – Easy to prepare and bursting with all the best flavors, this mouthwatering Cilantro Lime Shrimp will take you just 20-minutes to throw together! We serve it over rice or with a big avocado and lettuce salad.
Servings: 6 | Serving Size: 2/3 cup | Points +: 3 pts | Smart Points: 2
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp.
- Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout about 1 minute.
- Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
Calories: 119 • Fat: 3 g • Protein: 19 g • Carb: 2 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 0
Cholest: 144 • Sodium: 140 (without the salt)