Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
Who loves tater tots? We do! So today we’re switching things up and using cauliflower rice and cheese in our tots. Cabot Creamery’s cheesy, cauliflower tater tots recipe is guiltlessly tasty. Low carb, gluten-free & grain-free! Try the recipe with our sharp cheddar cheese.
Makes 7 Servings (2 Tots Per Serving)
- Cooking spray
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed (about 1 ½ pound)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat one large or two small baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cauliflower.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the minced cauliflower, and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, stir the mixture again. Scoop cauliflower with a tablespoon measure onto the sprayed baking sheet. Form the ball into the shape of a tater-tot. Repeat to make 35 tots.
- Spray the top of each tot with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the tots and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
2 SmartPoints Per Serving
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 80 calories; 3 g fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbs; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 150 mg sodium