Baked Lemon Donuts
These disappeared quickly in our home! They were so light & fluffy!
Recipe makes 18 donuts
1 donut = 2 weight watchers points+
= 3 weight watchers smart points
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup egg beaters or better’n eggs
- 3/4 cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened plain almond milk)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg beaters, yogurt, milk, applesauce, & lemon zest.
Gradually add dry ingredients together with wet ingredients.
- Pour into a piping bag or a large ziploc. Cut a corner off & pipe into a donut pan that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Make a glaze with some powdered sugar & lemon juice. Drizzle glaze on donuts. I juiced a whole lemon & then it took 2 cups of powdered sugar to make it into a glaze. I ended up tossing most of it.